Safari comes from the Swahili word “journey”. Safari experiences have changed over the centuries. Originally, safaris involved a small army that would hunt big game animals.
Nowadays, the majority of safaris focus on animal spotting, and photography.
What is in a safari?
You can expect to see wildlife in their natural habitats, as well as amazing landscapes.
How much does it cost to go on safari?
The pricing differs among the different tour providers. Tours can start from as little as $500 from local operators and go to over $60,000.
What is a safari habitat?
Safaris take people on a tour of the African wilderness. Two common habitats are the grassy plains of the savanna, like the Serengeti, and the flooded wetlands, such as the Okavango delta.
What are the best safaris?
- Masai Mara, Kenya. Masai Mara, Kenya.
- Serengeti National Park and Ngorongoro Crater, Tanzania. Ngorongoro Crater, Tanzania.
- Kruger National Park, South Africa.
- Chobe National Park & Moremi Game Reserve Botswana.
- South Luangwa National Park, Zambia.
- Etosha National Park, Namibia.
What are the Big 5 safari animals?
Where should you go on your first safari?
Watch the video from Yellow Zebra Safaris to learn more.